Saturday, October 4, 2014

Dave Graffam Paper Terrain

I promised a while back to talk a little bit about some downloadable paper terrain kits produced by Dave Graffam Models.  I really like these kits a lot. They are very reasonably priced (about $2 each on average), offer tons of detail, and many have multiple layers allowing you to customize to your preference. The only downside that I have found is the time it takes to build. I'm guessing on average you will spend a few hours on a kit sized like the stone church you'll see below (I use these for 25/28mm, so less time would be required for smaller scales).

The method that has suited me is to print on 8.5 x 11 copy paper and use as skins I glue to black foam core (I use 3M spray adhesive but I imagine a thin film of white glue would do just fine).  I then cut my pieces and use super glue and butt joints to assemble.

These kits can be found on Wargame Vault (www.wargamevault.com) and there are freebies every now and then.



No comments: