Saturday, December 7, 2013

Perry 14th Brooklyn

I have been able to get quite a bit of work done of late, as we've gotten settled into our new home quicker than I though we would and the cold weather has kept me indoors.  Last night I put the finishing touches on a unit of Brooklyn Chaussures.  Early on I hadn't planned on having the 14th in my collection (I already had two U.S. zouave units and didn't want too many of the flamboyant uniforms that petered out as the war ground on).  To get the most bang for my shipping dollars, I decided to throw them into my shopping cart when buying some bases from Architects of War - I'm glad I did.  These are probably the nicest minis I've ever painted.  The poses are extremely lifelike and the sculpts are detailed and clean.  I just wish the Perry metals weren't so expensive, but you definitely get what you pay for.  These will work nicely for some Gettysburg - day 1 scenarios I'd like to run.



2 comments:

Phil C said...

yes indeed Perry minis are great to have and paint but a little pricey..
I like your painting style and flocking of the bases... flags by GMB Designs?

cheers

Jon F said...

Thanks for the compliment, Phil. These flags are Flags of War. Most of my flags are GMB however. Graham does outstanding work.