Tuesday, January 27, 2015

National World War I Memorial

    Today was a magnificent day to spend with my father on his birthday. Several years have passed since either of of us have visited this national treasure right here in Kansas City, Missouri. The Renault FT-17 is a nice addition since I last visited. I recall us visiting the memorial many years ago when I was a young boy (well before the new museum opened in 2006) - it's hard to believe how quickly the years pass. One of the volunteers we visited with is a 92 year-old WW2 veteran; an absolutely amazing person. I encourage anyone who has a few hours to kill to visit this incredible place.










3 comments:

Rodger said...

Great photos Jon!

BaronVonJ said...

A shining jewel in KC's crown. The rest of our museums suck.

Jon F said...

Unfortunately, yes.