Sunday, August 25, 2013

ACW Project Pt. 4

I have been able to get a fair amount of work done this weekend on this project (I usually ramp things up when I near the finish line).  Short of flock, my Union army is now ten bases stronger.  Most of these are the remainder of my Sash & Saber regimental pack (RUS1 right shoulder shift).  The rest are a mix of Redoubt, Dixon, and Foundry.  It's a bit tough to notice in the picks, but I like to mix a little pure white with GW's Mithril to hit the top of the bayonets to give an effect of sun glinting off off them. Next up will be finishing about 80 Rebs.






On a side note, I am pretty excited about the upcoming fall. In September I will be visiting Gettysburg for the first time since I was 5 or 6 years old. In November I will be visiting Antietam for the second time as well. We have reserved Randy Buchman for our tour guide at Antietam for the second time as well. If you ever have a chance to visit the park, Mr. Buchman is highly recommended.


3 comments:

Rodger said...

Troops are looking awesome! The sound of the trip to Gettysburg and Antietam sounds fantastic too!

BaronVonJ said...

Where's the colors, sir?

Jon F said...

Colors were done with the first four stands of the S&Ss several months ago (an Irish Brigade reg.). The Iron Brig. stands will eventually be a Wisconsin or Indiana reg.